Why settle for the ordinary?
Make your favorite cocktails even better with these simple additions:
- Rim a glass with honey crystals for an out-of-this-world Whiskey Sour. Mix 2 ounces of your chosen spirit with 1 teaspoon sugar and 3/4 ounce lemon juice, and shake with cracked ice. Substitute lime juice for lemon in a Scotch Sour. Garnish with lemon rind, orange slice, maraschino cherry.
- Add one of our specialty stuffed olives into your favorite martini. Bet you’ve never tasted a gherkin-stuffed olive before! Martini ingredients: 1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth, 3 oz. Gin. Straight: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain in chilled martini cocktail glass. Squeeze oil from lemon peel onto the drink. Garnish with olive.
- Make a Habanero Martini: in a cocktail glass muddle the habanero to release some juices. Keep the pepper in the glass or remove it for a (slightly) lesser heat. Combine Tequila and Vermouth over ice. Shake well. Then pour the mix over the muddled habanero. Wow!
- Add fresh organic strawberries and a couple of leaves of fresh mint to your Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri blend for a decidedly fresh drink. In a blender, combine 4 oz. light rum, 1/2 c. fresh strawberries, 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, juice of 1 lime, one or two leaves of fresh mint, 1 c. ice. Blend until smooth. Garnish with a slice of lime.
- Uniquely different, the Copa Verde. Mix together 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, barely chopped, and 2 tsp kosher salt in a small, shallow bowl. Place a small amount of agave syrup in another small bowl. Using your finger, rim 6 shooter glasses with the syrup, then dip the rims into the thyme-salt mixture. Set the glasses aside. In a blender, mix 8 oz. silver tequila, 4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice, 4 oz. water, 4 oz. light agave syrup, and 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in some of the blended mixture, filling the shaker about halfway. Shake until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into rimmed shooter glasses. Serve immediately. (Recipe found on Buzzfeed)
Have you tried Shrub? For cocktails and sodas, 100% local! A sweet, tart concentrate crafted from fruit and apple cider vinegar. Available now!
Grown-up Soda (GuS)
Crisp. Clean. Craft. Made with about 40% less sugar than typical sodas, GuS Sodas lack the cloying sweetness found in mainstream sodas. Real juices, natural extracts and a light amount of cane sugar give these sodas a dry, refreshing “grown-up” taste profile. This crisp, less-sweet taste makes them an ideal accompaniment to fine food and as a base for easy-to-make cocktails.