Summer Squash Sauté
4 strips Bacon
2 lbs. Mixed Summer Squash
(Zucchini, Pattypan, Eight Ball,
Salt & Pepper
1/4 tsp. Ground Sage
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan or
Gruyere Cheese, grated
1. Cut the Squash roughly into pieces about the same size – 1″ pieces is a good size to aim
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a non-stick skillet over medium, sauté the bacon until
it starts to turn crisp (about 5-7 minutes).
3. Add the squash pieces, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Uncover, stir and add the sage. Test the squash to see if it is fork tender. If not, let it
cook uncovered a few minutes longer.
5. Once the squash is fork tender, remove the pan from the heat
6. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the squash.
7. Salt and Pepper to taste. (Hint: extra black pepper really makes the cheese flavor Pop!!).
Serves 2-4 people