With a few simple ingredients, the flavor of Blue Cheese shines through. Top it with the season’s best peaches, add a handful of small, light greens, and top it with more juices. Serve alongside a glass of chilled Chardonnay and you have the perfect summer meal.
3 ripe peaches
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
4 slices Baguette cut on diagonal
5 tablespoons olive oil,
4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
2 cups (loosely packed) trimmed baby arugula, baby spinach or baby kale
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut peaches into small bite-size pieces, discard pits.
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Pour mixture over peaches and mix with spoon to coat peaches.
- Add in greens (arugula or spinach or kale). Toss to coat all.
- Toast bread. Spread blue cheese on toast. Top with peach and greens.
- Salt and pepper to taste.