- 6-ounce mahi mahi filet
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons cream sherry
- 3 Tablespoons Chef Phil’s Datil Pepper BBQ Sauce
- Fresh lime juice
- Sear filet of mahi on both sides in a preheated pan with 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove from pan to plate.
- Deglaze the pan with 4 tablespoons of cream sherry and reduce by one half.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Chef Phil’s Datil Pepper BBQ Sauce.
- When pan sauce is combined, whisk in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Place fish back in the pan and continue cooking until filet springs back from a light touch.
- Remove fish to a hot plate.
- Continue to reduce sauce to a slightly thickened consistency.
- Pour sauce over fish and squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
- Serve with rice pilaf and mixed vegetables. Garnish with fresh basil.
(Source: The St. Augustine Record)