Possibly one of the easiest and tastiest recipes you’ll ever make. No kidding.
Split some great big refrigerated biscuits (think a Grands with Flaky Layers kind of situation), added a few fresh peach slices, some soft Brie cheese, cinnamon, and a little brown sugar to each, and then put the halves back together, using your hands to roll them into a sort of stuffed biscuit ball.
- 1 package refrigerated Grands Flaky Biscuits
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches (1″ pieces)
- 3-4 ounces soft Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Split the biscuits in half. Place 3-4 pieces of peach in the center of the bottom half of each biscuit. Add a small spoonful of the Brie (about a teaspoon). Then sprinkle them all with brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with a little honey (if you are using it).
- Place the top back on each biscuit and gently press the edges down to lightly seal and close. Take each one in your hand and gently form into balls so the biscuit is wrapped all the way around the filling. Place them about 2″ apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Put the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt it and then let it snap and crackle in the pan until it smells nutty. Remove from the heat. Brush each bomb with the browned butter, making sure to get the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Oh, so good!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. the tops will be golden.
- Brush the pie bombs with the brown butter again after baking and serve warm.
P.S. Put these in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. DO IT.
[Resource: Heather Tullos, sugardishme.com]