- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2 lbs fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- In 10-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, heat broth over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ham hock. Heat to boiling.
- Add collards greens. Once greens have wilted, stir in salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Cover; cook 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until greens reach desired tenderness.
- Remove ham hock. Remove ham from bone; discard bone. Shred ham; return to stockpot and stir.
Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook